Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!





We had Thanksgiving at my parent's house this year. It was a nice, quiet affair - good food and great company! It's hard to believe that it's the holiday season again. I've started putting up my Christmas decorations and it feels like I just took them down! But, I love Thanksgiving and Christmas time.
Lately I've been thinking of all the things I don't have or things I want to have and I need to be more thankful for the things I do have. So, here are some things I'm thankful for (in no particular order):
  • My wonderful, funny, loving, supportive, creative, smart, hard-working, handsome husband.
  • My family - all of them: parents, brother, sister, husband, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, mom and dad-in-law, sister-in-laws, brother-in-laws, nephews, nieces, etc. You are all so great - I LOVE YOU!
  • My membership in the church, and the knowledge and blessings it has brought to my life.
  • My health.
  • My job. I love going to work and that's such a blessing. I hope I'm a positive influence in the lives of my students, because they are in mine.
  • My cute little condo!
  • The country I live in and the freedoms I enjoy.
  • My friends, who I should probably keep in touch with better.
I'm a very blessed girl and I need to remember that!

4 comments:

Aaron and Heather said...

Love the pics! I bet it was nice to have a quiet Thanksgiving! Ours was kind of chaotic!

Alisa said...

I love that you put what you are thankful for. I need to do the same thing because I tend to dwell to much on the negative sometimes. Thanks for the inspiration!

Angela Okada said...

Love this!!! We definately do have a lot to be grateful for!

Aaron and Heather said...

Hey Jenni
Hey just wanted you to know that we are doing a baby shower for Natalie this saterday. We e-mailed your mom, but we didn't have your e-mail. So if you can make it we would love to see you!

About Me

My photo
I grew up in good ol' Salt Lake City, UT. Mike and I got married in May 2003, and we've loved every minute of married life! I graduated from the U of U in May 2007 with my Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology and am working as an SLP for Granite School District at an elementary school in Kearns. We have a darling son, Jacob, who we love and can't imagine life without!