Sunday, November 9, 2008

Body Worlds


Mike and I went to the Body Worlds exhibit (The Story of the Heart) yesterday. I was so excited to go and wasn't disappointed! At first I felt like I was at Disneyland again - we waited in lines for almost an hour before we got into the exhibit! But it was incredible to see the things they've done with those bodies. Seeing all the veins in your body, your nerves, and the differences between healthy and sick bodies (cancer, strokes, artificial joints, effects of smoking and obesity, etc.). I've learned a lot about the body in my anatomy classes but seeing the body like that was very cool. I'm so grateful for my body and my good health. When I think about how complex our bodies are I'm in awe of Heavenly Father's knowledge, abilities, and power. I don't think I would ever be able to create something as wonderful as a human body. What an amazing gift for us to have! The more I learn about the body the more thankful I am for mine and the more dedicated I am to respect it and keep it healthy and strong.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Steve and I also went to Body Worlds last month, and just like you, I was left in complete awe of the miricle that our bodies are. I talk about it briefly on my blog. Yes,the lines are terrible, but it is worth every second waiting. If I had more money I would make sure all of my kids got to see it.

Maren said...

Tag- you're it. Post 7 random things about yourself, then tag 7 more people. Thought I'd give you something to do during SEPS!

About Me

My photo
I grew up in good ol' Salt Lake City, UT. Mike and I got married in May 2003, and we've loved every minute of married life! I graduated from the U of U in May 2007 with my Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology and am working as an SLP for Granite School District at an elementary school in Kearns. We have a darling son, Jacob, who we love and can't imagine life without!