Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jan. 4th - Manzanillo

In size, this city was between Acapulco and Zihuatanejo. It was a nice little place. We did some shopping and the boys decided to do some deep-sea fishing with a local fisherman. The girls didn't have anything else to do, and there was room on the boat, so we all went. We saw dolphins and got to enjoy some pretty scenery...and about half of us got sea sick (including me)! I had never been out on a little boat in the ocean before and didn't know that I was going to get sick - if I had known I wouldn't have gone since I ended up barfing over the side of the boat! The fishermen gave me a slice of lime to suck on to help with the nausea - and it worked for a while. I'd never heard of using lime to help stop nausea! So, never again will I go on a small boat out in the ocean! I think everyone else enjoyed it - even if we didn't catch a big fish.

Mike enjoying the boat ride, while I was throwing up!


One of the fishermen showing a marlin lure - no hook, it's nose is rough and gets easily tangled in the string! Who would've thought?


Some of us resting in the shade after shopping.


Mike in front of a huge marlin by the Manzanillo port.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up in good ol' Salt Lake City, UT. Mike and I got married in May 2003, and we've loved every minute of married life! I graduated from the U of U in May 2007 with my Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology and am working as an SLP for Granite School District at an elementary school in Kearns. We have a darling son, Jacob, who we love and can't imagine life without!