Monday, October 27, 2008

The Mighty Hunter



Mike went deer hunting with his dad this last weekend and got a deer (oh goodie)! Now we get to have a freezer full of deer jerky to go along with all the rest of the deer and/or elk meat that's already in there. (Can you tell I love it when Mike goes hunting and actually kills something?!) I can't complain this year though, because Mike did leave me a little spending money when he left and I got to go shopping. If you want to know the gory details about how the poor deer died you'll have to ask Mike...but it sounded pretty exciting, he's quite the hunter! I think I'd appreciate his hunting skills more if our family depended on the meat to survive the winter, but we don't, so it's really just something I have to put up with and will probably never appreciate. (Sorry Mike. I love you!)

6 comments:

Janene said...

That is too funny and I am not jealous one bit.

DREW and MICHELLE said...

Hi there girlie! I am so glad you found our blog. If it is okay I want to add you to our list :) It looks like you and Mike are doing great! I am excited to read more of your posts. Tell the family hi! Much love,
Michelle

Aaron and Heather said...

Mike killed Bambi?!! How sad! Aaron hasn't gone hunting for a long time I am not complaining! I don't think I would want a freezer full of deer meat either!

Natalie said...

Hey Jenni! I'm glad you found our blog. As for the hunting, luckily Joe isn't really in to it. I think he would go if he was invited, but he would never just want to go! And I have to admit...I'm glad!!!

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

Hey! Like Michelle, I too am so glad I found your blog!

You and Mike are such a darling couple. Those hunting pics are great :0)

It will be fun keeping 'in touch' through blogging :0)

Alisa said...

I'm totally with you on the whole hunting thing - I'm all for it if we need it to survive otherwise it's just animal murder! But, we're so glad that Mike and Dad had some precious bonding time. Hey - you can wrap up all that useless meat and give it as Christmas gifts! (just none to our family please:))

About Me

My photo
I grew up in good ol' Salt Lake City, UT. Mike and I got married in May 2003, and we've loved every minute of married life! I graduated from the U of U in May 2007 with my Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology and am working as an SLP for Granite School District at an elementary school in Kearns. We have a darling son, Jacob, who we love and can't imagine life without!