Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trip to California

Over UEA (sometimes referred to as Utah Escapes to Anaheim) Mike and I along with Mike's sister (Melissa) and her husband (Steve) went on a little trip! We went to Disneyland, Universal Studios, the San Diego Zoo, and Sea World. It was such a blast! The weather was amazing, the parks weren't very busy, and the company was excellent, which makes for a great vacation!
We all love Disneyland - it never seems to get old no matter how many times we go there. Mike and Steve feel like they should write a book on how to go to Disneyland - they pretty much have it down to an art (fast pass strategies, days of the week to go, places to eat, etc.)!
We saw lots of animals when we went to San Diego. Mike and I had never been to the San Diego Zoo before and were pretty excited to go there - it's HUGE! It makes Hogle Zoo look like a joke! (Sorry Hogle Zoo!) They have awesome habitats that let you get pretty close to the animals. After a morning at the zoo went to Sea World - which was cool, I've only been there once (a long time ago) and couldn't remember much about it. I kinda felt bad for the animals, it seemed mean to make them do lots of shows and have them swim around in shallow pools for people to touch all day. I guess it's no different than a circus (or a zoo), but it just seemed weird to me!
Universal Studios was good - nothing quite compares to Disneyland though! There was a fun new Simpsons ride to go on and the good old back lot tour. It really was fun, there were no lines at all which was great!
This was an awesome way to spend my days off from work - even though I feel like I need a vacation to rest from my vacation! Trips can be a lot of work and make you tired, but they are always worth it!



In the Kwik E-Mart at Universal Studios (Note it's Duff energy drink NOT Duff beer!)

Melissa and Steve riding Peter Pan

Escaping from jail - they're so strong!

On Splash Mountain

We're so cute!

3 comments:

Aaron and Heather said...

Yipee Jenni!! I am so happy you have a blog now! Next time your parents come down, you guys need to come!!

ash said...

Hey Jenni,
It's your cousin Ashley. I'm so glad to see that you have a blog. I set mine to private so if you want to e-mail me I can send you an invite. My e-mail is ashleypeterson23@hotmail.com
YAY for blogs!!

Alisa said...

Hey Jenni it's Alisa. Looks like you guys had a fantastic time! It's so great to see families do such great things together. BTW - when are we going to see TWILIGHT???

About Me

My photo
I grew up in good ol' Salt Lake City, UT. Mike and I got married in May 2003, and we've loved every minute of married life! I graduated from the U of U in May 2007 with my Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology and am working as an SLP for Granite School District at an elementary school in Kearns. We have a darling son, Jacob, who we love and can't imagine life without!