Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gotta love it

I was working with a group of 5th graders (who are in a self-contained special ed. class) this morning and one of them asked if I was married. I told them I was and of course the follow-up question was if I had kids. I told them not yet, but that I was going to have one soon. It was so fun to see their reactions! (They are the first students that I've told.) One student said, "Well I knew you were because when I first met you, you were more skinny." (Which is awesome because I've worked with her for 2 years AND I haven't gained any pregnancy weight yet!) Another reaction was, "Oh, you're gonna be bigger!" But the sweetest response was from a student who can be a big pain the the rear but was in a good mood at the time: he gave me a "side hug" and said, "Mrs. Terry, I hope you have good luck when your baby gets bigger." He was so sincere and truly meant what he said. This is why I do what I do - how can you not love that?

1 comment:

Angela Okada said...

That is so cute. Congrats on the pregnancy!!!!

About Me

My photo
I grew up in good ol' Salt Lake City, UT. Mike and I got married in May 2003, and we've loved every minute of married life! I graduated from the U of U in May 2007 with my Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology and am working as an SLP for Granite School District at an elementary school in Kearns. We have a darling son, Jacob, who we love and can't imagine life without!